Friday, July 19, 2013

Oracle Distributed WMS

Oracle now provides customers the flexibility to deploy Oracle Warehouse Management as a distributed solution. Customers can take advantage of the latest industry-leading warehouse management capabilities from Oracle without upgrading to the latest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite.

The high velocity demands of today's supply chain require solutions that are always-on and always connected, regardless of network model, ERP or application infrastructure.

WMS Deployment Flexibility

Until now Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Warehouse Management System (WMS) required the transaction source systems like Purchasing and Order Management and execution systems like WMS reside and operate within the same instance. With the release of Distributed WMS feature, Oracle WMS can be deployed on a separate physical instance that is distinct from E-Business Suite (EBS) instance. This feature gives powerful choices to customers to deploy WMS either as an "integrated" as a module within EBS or as a "distributed" and independent solution installed on a separate instance.


More specifically:

1. Customers who want the latest WMS features in R12.1 can have WMS deployed on a separate instance without upgrade of the entire application suite.

2. Oracle WMS can be deployed along with a EBS or non-EBS host system

3. Warehouse with network connectivity issues can have their independent WMS instance for an "always on" WMS solution

The feature also ships with an integration framework based on Oracle Data Integration (ODI) tool.

More information on this release and useful whitepapers can be found using the following Metalink Note:

Distributed Warehouse Management System (Note: 821294.1)

One thing to be noted, is that Distributed WMS is not a separate product and all features developed in WMS (now or in future) will be available irrespective of the choice of deployment.

6 comments:

  1. Magnificent blog I visit this blog it's extremely wonderful. Interestingly, in this blog content composed plainly and reasonable. The substance of data is useful.
    Workday Online Training
    Oracle Fusion HCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion SCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training
    Big Data and Hadoop Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing

    Oracle Data Integration training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great read! Thank you for such useful insights. Visit here for advanced technical courses on ORACLE WMS ONLINE TRAINING

    ReplyDelete